In 1926 there was one big shipyard and nine smaller ones operating in Betina. Seven sailboats and five boats were constructed and 60 sailboats and 12 boats were fixed in those shipyards between October 31st 1926 and October 31st 1927. Betina shipyards had a surface of 11200 square meters and all the other shipyards of northern Dalmatia put together had 10300 square meters. There were 169 workers employed in the shipyards of Northern Dalmatia, 60 of them working in Betina.
At the end of the 1920s, there was a crisis in shipbuilding. A big number of shipbuilders were concentrated in a small area. To make sure they keep their shipyards open, they went searching for clients in the nearby area. The new shipyards are those founded by the Filipi family in Sukošan, Kukljica, Kali and Šibenik, while the Uroda family opened one in Biograd.